Capenhurst & Ledsham Parish Council is seeking a new Parish Clerk.
Hours: 100 pa
Salary: Not Specified
- Supporting the council in carrying out its functions.
- How meetings are conducted, how responsibilities are allocated and how to manage council activities and finances effectively.
- Draw up and sign agendas for meetings giving the appropriate notice and ensure minutes of meetings are recorded accurately.
- The rights of the public and media to be kept informed are addressed.
- Working as part of a team of councillors and the chairman to serve the community they represent.
- Implement the decisions of the council and provide independent, objective and professional advice, information and administrative support to the council.
- The Clerk needs to be willing to learn how these functions are carried out within local government law & in accordance with the council’s policies and procedures.
- Support to develop these skills is available where necessary.
- Send out council information to all Parish councillors.
- Send correspondence, letters & make telephone calls as instructed by Parish councillors.
- Must be IT literate, Word, email and have access to the Internet.
- The current role takes approximately 100 hours a year
Date for applications: Monday 30th April 2018
Interviews: 8th May 2018
Ring or email for application pack
Joanna Pemberton 0783 482 9074