5hrs per week – unspecified
Henbury Parish Council is seeking a Parish Clerk to provide support for around 5 hours each week. You will be paid an hourly rate based on the NALC national scale and reflecting experience.
You’ll be joining and working with a friendly group of Parish Councillors.
Your role as Parish Clerk means you will be responsible for all the administration and finances of the council.
- Organising Parish Council meetings
- Maintaining the finances for the council, including cash book, preparing budgets, invoice payments, VAT
- Circulating official communications
- Administering processes around planning applications in the area
- Liaising with Cheshire East Council
- Preparing files for the annual audit
- Supporting various Parish Council projects
- Ensuring the Parish Council adheres to relevant legislation and regulations
- Good IT and finance skills including Excel, email, use of website
- Good communication skills
- An interest in local issues
- Knowledge of local government is ideal, but not essential as training can be offered
To apply – please email a summary of your relevant experience, and a CV to the clerk or the chairman.
Clerk email: email@example.com
Chairman email: firstname.lastname@example.org