Kingsley Parish Council is seeking a new Parish Clerk.
Hours: 8 pw
Salary: Not Stated
Due to the retirement of the current post holder, Kingsley Parish Council is seeking applications for a Clerk & Responsible Financial Officer (RFO).
The post is part-time, for 8 hours per week, working mainly from home. Working hours are flexible but the post holder must be able to attend our monthly meetings. We offer excellent terms and conditions of employment. Annual salary is paid in accordance with the National Association of Local Councils and Society of Local Council (NALC) Pay Scale’ and Experience. There is no requirement for the post holder to live within the parish.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the Parish Council conducts its business lawfully;
- Administering the council’s financial affairs and keeping proper records;
- Attending all council meetings (the third Tuesday evening of each month, excluding August);
- Ensuring that meeting papers are promptly prepared;
- Managing communications with the borough council and other organisations.
- Managing Communications between Councillors, Members of the Public & circulation of correspondence received.
Applicants should be computer-literate, experienced in the use of spreadsheets and accounts and have proven organisational and administrative skills. Experience in local government is desirable but not essential. Full training will be given.
Further details of the role, including a job description and person specification, may be obtained from Councillor Sue Billows To apply please send your CV with a covering letter highlighting your relevant qualifications, skills and experience by 9th March 2018
Councillor Sue Billows: 8 Acres Crescent, Kingsley, Frodsham, Cheshire. WA6 8DZ