The next branch meeting is being held on Thursday 28th September at 6:30pm in Knutsford.
Hosted by Knutsford Town Council the meeting has a focus on the new General Data Protection Regulation and we have a specialist speaker to give us the low-down.
The Chairman will welcome everyone and members will introduce themselves.
- General Data Protection Regulations
Joanne Kay (Wirehouse ES) will be giving us a run down and answering your questions on the new General Data Protection Regulations.
-Introduction – What is GDPR?
– Main GDPR privacy principles
– Implementing the rules and ensuring compliance – various sub headings (i.e. data mapping, subject access requests, updating policies etc.)
– Incident response & breach reporting
– Roles & responsibilities of controllers, processors & others at councils
– Consequences of non-compliance
Wirehouse Employer Services, Warrington – www.wirehouse-es.com
- Review of Branch Conference
An opportunity to review the inaugural Cheshire Branch Conference and discuss plans for a
- Training and Conference Bursary
To consider using the surplus from the Branch Conference to provide a training bursary and to agree how this would work.
- Nominations for Society Awards
The Branch is invited to submit nominations for three awards which are presented at the SLCC National Conference
The Bryan Metcalf Award for volunteering
The Professional Innovation Award recognising members who have demonstrated exceptional creativity or an innovative approach in any element of the delivery of
their council’s work.
New Clerk of the Year any clerk with less than three years’ service in the role (for clarity, any clerk who entered the profession after 1st October 2014) who has excelled in the early stages of their clerk’s career.
- National News
The latest news from the Society nationally including an update from the SLCC Board.
A reminder to complete the SLCC Membership Survey.
- 2018 Meeting Programme
To review the 2018 Branch meeting programme.
- Open Forum
An opportunity to discuss any issues or topics of interest to members.
Great opportunity to ask for advice on issues, share useful information or raise items for
future branch meetings.